Private Tour of Gijon City and Villaviciosa
We will visit one of the most beautiful cities in Spain, Gijón, a city that keeps its history alive with a old town which used to be the neighborhood of whale fisherman in Roman times, we will see remains and monuments of the Roman age...
- Barrio de Cimadevilla (15')
We will visit a old fisherman’s neighborhood the “Cimadevilla”, it was the main Roman settlement.
- Palacio de Revillagigedo (10')
We will walk its alleys and crossing its remains of the Roman wall until to get to “Revillagigedo palace”.
- Estatua de Pelayo (3'). Pelagius was an Iberian Visigoth monarch who founded the Kingdom of Asturias in 718.
- Marques 10 (5')
Plazuela del Marques, beatiful small square at the old area of Gijon.
- Plaza Mayor (5'). An elegant square fronted by historic buildings.
- Termas Romanas de Campo Valdes (15'). We continue with the “town hall” and the “Roman thermal baths”.
- Museo Casa Natal de Jovellanos (pass by). After that we pass by Lavaderu square, “the Cholo", the Jovellanos museum and the Clock Tower viewpoint.
- Gijon (15'). We will visit an amazing viewpoint of the city the “Eulogy of the Horizon”.
- San Lorenzo Beach (10')
Located in the heart of the city.
- Mother of the emigrant statue (20')
San Lorenzo beach is bordered by the “promenade” above and “the mother of the emigrant statue” until to get to the “ San Pedro church”.
- Labor University (40'). Travelers will visit the exteriors of the Gijón Labor university, the biggest building in Spain. This building is from S.XX. Some relevant points are the “tower” , the “theater” and the “church”.
- Villaviciosa (90'). The romanic church Santa Maria de Villaviciosa” known as “the Olive” (S.XV) (10’), “the Arcediano’s house” known as “the factory’s house”, “the Riera theatre”, “the Consistory”, and “the fishing port”.
Know before you book
- Duration 6.5 hours
- Prices given per PERSON in US$
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Pick Up at Hotel or Cruise Terminal
- Professional Local Guide (english and spanish)
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
What to expect
We will visit one of the most beautiful cities in Spain, Gijón, a city that keeps its history alive with a old town which used to be the neighborhood of whale fisherman in Roman times, we will see remains and monuments of the Roman age, its picturesque streets and colorful houses. The next stop is a fishing village, Villaviciosa, a asturian fishing village known for being elegant and stately. We will be surprised by every magical street that keep its history with statues, palaces and former houses. Also, as Asturias is known for its gastronomy, we will have the option of choosing a gastronomic experience in a cider mill so we will have the opportunity of knowing Asturias from different points of view.