Windmills and Dutch countryside
During this tour you will discover the traditional Holland, the Waterland region, full of dutch icons such as dikes, windmills, farms and cheese, traditional wooden houses and wooden shoes. Starting at Amsterdam's port or Hotel, our private...
- Windmills in Zaanse Schans (60'). Zaanse Schans is 20min ride from Amsterdam, it is a lived opened air village museum. Most mills are opened to the public and, in case of a favorable winds, you may see them in full operation. In our walk you will learn all about the history and importance of the mills as Dutch world class heritage.
- Marken, village and traditional factory of wooden shoes. (50'). You can't miss this cozy village full of little wooden houses. Until the 17th century, residents built their homes on 'werven', artificially built hills. In this way, they prevented damage from floods.
After a small walk to know a little bit more about the village, in the Wooden Shoe Factory, located in a parkland, you can enjoy a lived demostration how 'clogs' are made from a block of wood.
- Volendam, village, cheese factory and old stroopwafel bakery. (2 hours) Volendam is a popular tourist attraction in the Netherlands, well known for its old fishing boats and the traditional clothing still worn by some residents. We will walk throught the village to discover the church, maze of houses and how is a dike. After you have Cheese and Stroopwaffel taste included!
Once we finish you will have free time to eat some of the specialities like haring or fried cod and much more.
Know before you book
- Duration 8 hours
- Prices given per PERSON in US$
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Cheese and stroopwaffel included
- Pick Up at Hotel or Cruise Terminal
- Professional Local Guide (english, portuguese and spanish)
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
What to expect
During this tour you will discover the traditional Holland, the Waterland region, full of dutch icons such as dikes,windmills, farms and cheese, traditional wooden houses and wooden shoes.
Starting at Amsterdam's port or Hotel, our private transport will bring you to our first stop at the famous village of Zaanse Schans, known for its old mills.
With our guide you will discover the secrets of this charming village and you will have some time to take beautiful pictures.
Our second stop will bring us until Volendam, a colorful and old fishing village with a very famous Dutch cheese factory.
We will walk through the port, small streets, souvenir shops, to reach the Cheese factory and the Cookies bakery were we have a taste included.
After the tasting you will have some free time to eat their typical fish or to do some shopping and we will see you again in our designated meeting point to continue.
Finally you will be able to know the classical houses of Marken, an old island and their amazing architecture. Sightsee its quiet streets, strong flood history, interesting port, and unforgettable clog factory.
The route order can be modified.