Full Day Santiago de Compostela Private Tour from Vigo
Santiago de Compostela Old town was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was one of the most important places in Medieval Europe so, when you visit it, you will feel like a trip to the past. You will love it for its gastronomy, architecture...
- Cathedral De Santiago de Compostela (Ticket included) (45') We will have a guided visit inside the cathedral. “The basilica”, “the major chaptel” and the “tomb crypt”, its chapels, the huge “Botafumeiro”, ”Royal pantheon”, the “cathedratic treasure”, ”archaeological rooms” and the “cloister”.
- Plaza del Obradoiro "Obradoiro square" (5') which is the ”Zero kilometer for pilgrims” in the middle of the square
- Palacio de Raxoi (5') In other side of the square we have the ”Palace of Raxoi” (the town hall).
- Official Cathedral de Santiago (10') Bookstore Route visiting the outside squares of the Cathedral.
- Hostal de los Reyes Catolicos (5') And in the last side the ”Hostal Reyes católicos”.
- Plaza de las Platerias (5') The next square surrounding the cathedral is ”Platerías square” where we can see famous ”Platerias Facade”
- Portico de la Gloria (5') In one side of the Obradoiro square is the ”Portico of Glory”.
- Plaza de la Quintana (5') The next one is the ”Quintana square” where the ”Holly Door” is and the ”Inmaculada Square”.
- Monasterio de San Martin Pinario (5') You will feel the history of this monastery.
- Church of San Miguel dos Agros (5') One of the most important churches of Santiago de Compostela.
- Fuente de Los Caballos (5') The ”Fountain of the Horses” in the middle of the Platerias square.
- Santiago de Compostela Casco Historico (30'). We will visit the ”Casa da Parra”, Cervantes square, San Agustin Square and its convent, S.Maria Salomè, University Square, the Art University, Two Maries statue, Franco street, Fonseca Square and its Fonseca Palace, and pass by Nova street, Casa do Cabildo, S.Fiz church, Pazo de Bendaña and Pilgrimage Museum.
- Parque de la Alameda (5') Nice place for a walk.
- Santiago de Compostela (90') We will have time to walk the city on your own or taste the typical Spanish tapas in one of the many locals in old city. Or both. Also we can take the car and visiting the “Monte do Gozo” (10 minutes driving) where you can have a amazing view of the city ( the first sight that pilgrims have of their destination).
Know before you book
- Duration 7.5 hours
- Prices given per PERSON in US$
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Cathedral Ticket
- Pick Up at Hotel or Cruise Terminal
- Professional Local Guide (english and spanish)
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
What to expect
Santiago de Compostela Old town was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was one of the most important places in Medieval Europe so, when you visit it, you will feel like a trip to the past. You will love it for its gastronomy, architecture and history. A city with a huge cultural wealth, walking through Santiago means discovering infinity of treasures, palaces, monasteries, temples and squares. Its charming alleys and streets form an incomparable and harmonic group.
Undoubtedly, the city’s greatest attraction is its route of pilgrimage, the famous “Camino de Santiago”, being a leading catholic pilgrimage route since 9th century, and for hosting the tomb of the apostle Santiago.
With this tour you will have the opportunity to know one of the most special places in Spain, feel the excitement of the pilgrimage and immerse yourself in the past, in addition to being able to taste one of the best considered gastronomy in the country based on the best quality seafood.